November 6, 2010

Centerpieces Shmenterpieces

After changing ideas over and over about our centerpieces, we finally decided to just do it ourselves and figure out how to cut out the florist.  Now it is almost impossible to make things with fresh flowers without a florist or die hard bridesmaids who want to make everything that involves a flower the night of and the morning of the wedding.  Even then, who is going to transport the items the day of the wedding?  Too ridiculous.  So, I'm not the luckiest person in the world, but luck struck me when a close friend of mine graduated design school.  Yes.  A graduate of design school!  He offered his help to me when it came to designing the wedding and coordinating everything. He came up with an awesome idea of using succulents.  After researching ideas and such on the internet I found out that this is a big to do these days.  So first thing Wendell and I did was go to the antique store (Three Sisters in Blue Island, IL) and found as many silver plated or gold plated goblets, cups, tea pots, and champagne pots as I could find.  We plan on using these as the container for the succulents.  These plants are awesome.  That's why it is such a good and AWESOME idea to use them.  The centerpieces can be prepared a few days to a week in advance.  Succulents are such a low maintenance plant.  They need very little TLC and you don't have to worry about them being refrigerated, watered, and arranged like fresh flowers have to.  Now in this post I am just rambling on about how great this idea was, but we haven't put anything together yet (since the wedding is only 8 months away), but when we do, the process will be posted in detail and with instructions so just hang on.  So here is some inspiration for you and give you a idea of what I am talking about.







 

Those are some things I came across when I was looking for inspiration.  Love everything about it!  I don't know how you can't.  You can make these centerpieces yours!  The feel can be rustic and so easily have it be elegant and ritzy!  LOOOOVEEE IT!  And you can do it!  It isn't that hard.  Here are some of the containers I found at Wendell and I's antique scourging!






Go ahead.  Tell me how awesome this is going to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment